Friday 3 May 2013

General update

Apologies for such a delayed posting, I returned home to the Isle of Man at the end of March for a few weeks, then it was (and is currently) all systems go in the workshops until the exhibition deadline of the 17th of May!

I am always keeping an eye out for inspiration, no matter where I am or what I am doing. Whilst I was sat on my (delayed) flight home, I began to take photographs of the ice on the plane windows as it was getting de-iced.

I found the shapes really delicate and beautiful and began thinking about how I could incorporate it into my work. As my work is themed around structure and geometric shapes, I thought the soft, organic shapes of the ice/snow would work well with the rigor of my pieces.








I began developing the idea of including this style of imagery within my work. Such as etching into metal or printing onto fabric, or perhaps using resist techniques using wax to maintain the organic look.

I will update with more photographs and sketches shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.