Monday 10 December 2012

Textiles project update

Similar to my metalwork project, I am aiming to create a garment (or similar) that will alter and change the natural silhouette of the female form simply by wearing it.


Recently I have been trying to construct structures using textiles. Below are shape developments and drawings within my sketchbook that I am currently working on creating within textiles




I began constructing shapes with the idea of using darts. I created forms out of card initially, however I liked the folds and the lines within the shapes, I preferred this idea of creating a seam or line rather than sewing darts.




I then took the folded card 'darts' and enlarged them to see how they would sit on a miniature tailor dummy. I quite liked how they changed the silhouette however it is not as dramatic as I am wanting to achieve.




I wanted a more exaggerated look, so I began to use linear forms gathered from my research (as seen in the background of these photographs). Again, I created them out of card and attached them to the miniature mannequin.








I am really pleased with these linear outcomes, however I would like to create a lot more ideas and then draw from them to develop the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.