Monday 14 January 2013

Mannequin structures


As my written work is now complete and out of the way, I can concentrate on making my pieces. I am aiming to create a structural garment that can be worn on the body, however I want my design to be extravagant. I want it to look like something off the catwalk - but I need to draw and plan the garment in order for the outcome to be what I aimed for.
 
 
 

To begin with I started making structures out of paper whilst looking at my primary and market research. I combined elements from both in order to create my own pieces.

I want the lines to be repetitive an show elements of structure.




The design above is my favourite structure so far, as I like the curved lines that almost look like a sort of corset at present. However, I would like to scale this design up and make it a bit more extreme, possibly repeating this design and layering it up.




I do also like this design, but it almost looks like bows all around the waist, which is not the look I am after.


As well as using paper, I began experimenting with plastic strips - keeping in mind the possibility of lighting, dyeing and foiling on to the plastic.

I feel this piece could be formed a lot better with the use of a hot-air gun, which I will experiment with moulding it around a bangle mandrel and see whether it could be formed that way.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.