Wednesday 6 February 2013

Textiles models - development

To begin developing my previous ideas I reviewed the structures I created previously on the mannequin, making note of what I liked/disliked about those samples, and began to draw and develop new ideas.
 

I developed my ideas using one shape (or variations of the one shape), I looked at compostition of the triangles and how they could be fixed together.

   
   
   
   
   


I like all of these outcomes, but the composition preferred was the first image. It enabled me to make a model that could drape across the mannequin but look natural in doing so. So I began developing my composition ideas from 3D paper models into plastic models that could be positioned on the mannequin.





This first sample could work quite well as a 'collar' style piece, repeated on either side, however I'd like it to be slightly more unusual than that, I would like it to be a complete body piece, almost like a garment but for the catwalk. More of a statement piece than a functional piece.

This piece is a development of the first sample, creating a slightly larger piece. I think this works well as it is quite noticable and would work well with colour and print, however I am unsure about the scale, I might down-scale the triangle shapes but keep the overall shape quite large scale.


This idea is the same style of shape but could be repeated either side of the torso. I am unsure if I like this idea as from the front the design wouldn't be completely visible, and from the side, if it were to be worn - the model's arms would cover the majority of the design.

This design I really liked, however I would like to down-scale the triangles slightly and try and make the design more intricate and interlacing between eachother. I will begin sketching more designs and see if I can make the design slightly more complicated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.